Our partnership with the oil industry began in 1957 when Bethlehem Steel sought out Oilgear to design and build the hydraulic drive and control systems required for the jacking system used on their "Mr. Gus II" and other similar class jack-up rigs. The units had to be roughneck tough, able to withstand grueling operating conditions without any predisposition to breakdown or failure.
Oilgear responded to the challenge with an innovative electrohydraulic control system that permitted manual, individual leg or fully automated operation. Many of these Bethlehem rigs are still in operation today with the original Oilgear Petrodyne system continuing to provide reliable service. To learn more, please download our Informational Bulletin 10151.
- Used to raise and lower over well drilling and service platforms.
- Complete system including Leg Structures, Hydraulic or Electric Drive, Rack and Pinion and Controls, Cylinder Drive Jacking and Controls.
- Sea floor breakthrough detection and control.
- Installation services, some turnkey.
- Time proven and advanced control technology.
- Years of Oilfield knowledge combined with cutting edge technology to bring you reliable control systems.
- Platform leveling control during lifting.
- Master control console as well as local control from each leg.
Deep Sea Mooring Control
- Control tension, payout and take-up of semi-submersible rig mooring lines to 5000ft-water depth.
- Stainless Nema 4 enclosures suitable for exposure to harsh environments.
- Emergency release for severe weather.
- Circulate stored fluids and seawater to control stability of floating platforms.
- Supply control, pumps, actuators and transducers.
- Multi-station operator interface.